Discovering Behavioral Intervention
Whether the news that your child has been diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder catches you by surprise or validates your intuition, you want to do what is best for your child. You will be asked to make a lot of decisions quickly, and recommendations from professionals are often framed in technical and unfamiliar language.
Discovering Behavioral Intervention: A Parent's Interactive Guide to Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) was designed with your new reality in mind. Developed by child development experts from the University of Massachusetts Medical School's Shriver Center, Discovering Behavioral Intervention is a self-paced, 10-module interactive learning guide to behavioral intervention using real-life situations. It features the following:
- Comprehensive information about ABA, including explanations of technical language
- 24/7 access to expert advice
- Strategies framed through the eyes of trusted parent guides and the experience of behavioral and developmental professionals
- Family-friendly text, videos, interactive graphics, and immersion exercises to test your learning
- Real-life stories about ABA intervention from parents of children with autism spectrum disorder
- One-on-one teaching and skills development
- Teaching in the natural setting
- Step-by-step interventions to manage challenging behaviors
- Suggestions on how to monitor and evaluate the progress of ABA treatment for your child
- Guidance from experienced parents on navigating ABA in early intervention and school systems
- Resources, including publications and organizations, to help parents of children with autism spectrum disorder
- Individualized education plans and an overview of legal rights
- Family-friendly pricing
- And more...
View a free preview of Discovering Behavioral Intervention.